Tuesday, February 2, 2010

In my bag series.

This is the first post in a series in which some of the women behind my favourite blogs will reveal what they tote around with them from day-to-day. I am always interested in what one carries with her and finds important or necessary (and sometimes deems necessary for luxury's sake) on a daily basis. I thought I would start with my own bag and continue every Tuesday until we run out of purses to snoop in.



1. The bag itself. Brown, leather, reliable. Designer -- unknown. Found in mom's closet five years ago. It is bigger than it looks.
2. Wallet (Nixon). This is probably the best wallet I have ever owned. It fits everything perfectly and the colour conveniently matches my bag. Unfortunately it is a little worse for wear.
3. Ipod shuffle. I am not one to have music playing in my ears at all times but I keep it around for the commute to work and for the gym.
4. Black gloves. It IS winter after all.
5. Keys (work and home).
6. Glasses with case. I don't wear these as often as I should.
7. Baggu bag. I have had a lot of re-usable bags in the past few years and baggu is my favourite. They are enormous, strong, fold up nicely and come in such nice colours and prints.
8. Canon point-and-shoot camera.
9. Phone. Hi.
10. Silver mesh bag that holds the following:
10a. Lip balm (usually whatever kind I pick up from the drugstore)
10b. Tylonel and allergy medicine.
10c. Measuring Tape.
10d. Manicure scissors.
10e. Two sharpies.
10f. Small notebook.
10g. USB key
11. Business card case. It took me a long time to get into the habit of carrying my cards with me. Believe me, it makes a world of difference when telling people about your work.

32 comments:

Sarah M said...

This is a really cute idea for a series! You really can find out a lot about a woman based on her purse contents. Can't wait to see the upcoming posts!

Juultje said...

such a nice idea...fortunately I am not the only one carrying around lots of stuff.

bsmithhill said...

Awesome--posts like this are so fun for my voyeuristic side!

Liz said...

Neat! I have been meaning to do this.

Mallory said...

Yay! It starts.

sassandpancakes said...

What a fun idea! When I was little I loved to rummage through my mom's purse. It held such secrets! You really can't do the same to friends' bags...

Elizabeth said...

Cute idea!

carly said...

this is awesome idea!

Meghan said...

This is such a great idea for a blog series! Thanks for sharing a peek inside your bag.

jacqueline said...

great idea! and it gives a lot of other women tips on how to carry their stuff a little more efficiently (or just gives them another person to commiserate with on the inefficiencies of their purse's organization ;)

love it.

Jamie said...

What a fun new series - can't wait to see more.

chelsea rebecca said...

i love the bag idea! i'm to messy to show my bag!! {i used to have your phone!!}

Meaghan Clark said...

I love this - especially since bloggers are more 'real' than those silly little models magazines do profiles featuring a similar story!

Johanna said...

Oh fun! I like this idea.

My boyfriend always laughs about things I carry in my purse. I swear one time, he noticed I had a container of dill (the herb). What? I was having peas and barley for lunch, which everyone knows, is nothing without dill weed. x

Jenn said...

This is fantastic! Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Meghan said...

I love this series - and I love that you have scissors and measuring tape in your bag. So prepared!

Happenstance said...

What a fun idea, can't wait to see this series come to fruition. Love the color of your bag!

perfectionishuman said...

I love this! I'm always curious about what other girls carry in their purses so I can see if I'm not getting too carried away :)

stephanie said...

It's so fun to know what other people carry...but I do wonder what makes it so interesting to us. I tend to get ideas of what I should be carrying around with me from looking at other people's purses. Can't wait to see the rest of the series.

my name is lauren. said...

i'm so excited about this series!

it appeals to my inner voyeur. now i seem like a total creeper. promise i'm not though. just nosey :).

jules. said...

ohh i loveee your bag where u got it from been loocking for one like that xx

Jane Flanagan said...

Yay - so excited about this series. I love your purse!!

cheddah said...

idk why but i love looking through peoples purses!

jamieofalltrades said...

I love this and glad I'm not the only one who carries a lot with her. if you need contributors I'd love to share! xo~joat

Meghan Wagner said...

Love it! Do you want to see in my bag?

Leesh said...

Like others have already said, taking a look inside people's bag as a series is a cool idea. I don't want to seem like a creeper but I love seeing what other people carry.

After reading your post, I realized that I forgot to include my keychain in my photo.

I can't wait for next Tuesday!

Laura said...

I love the idea for the series! Looking forward to seeing more.

Post Grad Hair Cut said...

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! I am equally excited about this series.

Unfortunately I have no idea where my bag was purchased originally. It has got to be at least 15 years old.

Good Girls Studio said...

Great idea! let me know if you want to snoop ;)

m said...

snooping purses! fun!
my purse is open for your snooping pleasure samantha :)

McKenna said...

Aha. Here it is. Your leather bag is adorable and the contents simple, I love it!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

oh I absolutely love these series, great great idea!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails