This is the first post in a series in which some of the women behind my favourite blogs will reveal what they tote around with them from day-to-day. I am always interested in what one carries with her and finds important or necessary (and sometimes deems necessary for luxury's sake) on a daily basis. I thought I would start with my own bag and continue every Tuesday until we run out of purses to snoop in.
1. The bag itself. Brown, leather, reliable. Designer -- unknown. Found in mom's closet five years ago. It is bigger than it looks.
2. Wallet (Nixon). This is probably the best wallet I have ever owned. It fits everything perfectly and the colour conveniently matches my bag. Unfortunately it is a little worse for wear.
3. Ipod shuffle. I am not one to have music playing in my ears at all times but I keep it around for the commute to work and for the gym.
4. Black gloves. It IS winter after all.
5. Keys (work and home).
6. Glasses with case. I don't wear these as often as I should.
7. Baggu bag. I have had a lot of re-usable bags in the past few years and baggu is my favourite. They are enormous, strong, fold up nicely and come in such nice colours and prints.
8. Canon point-and-shoot camera.
9. Phone. Hi.
10. Silver mesh bag that holds the following:
10a. Lip balm (usually whatever kind I pick up from the drugstore)
10b. Tylonel and allergy medicine.
10c. Measuring Tape.
10d. Manicure scissors.
10e. Two sharpies.
10f. Small notebook.
10g. USB key
11. Business card case. It took me a long time to get into the habit of carrying my cards with me. Believe me, it makes a world of difference when telling people about your work.