This week's bag comes from Melissa of one of my long-time favourite blogs Tiny Happy:
Melissa likes music, reading and making things- sewing, embroidery, knitting and drawing. She lives on the south island of New Zealand, where she writes the blog 'tiny happy', sells her work on etsy, and looks after her two small children.
1. My bag is a simple tote made by me from black wool and vintage cotton canvas. I usually carry too much stuff in it- so the handles are getting pretty worn and, (after taking out all the receipts and other junk) inside it is:
1. House keys.
2. Sunscreen- we have the most burn-y sunshine in the world and it's midsummer right now. I'm constantly chasing the children, trying to rub this cream on them.
3. My watch - its strap is broken so i just carry it around in my bag in case i need to know the time. really must get it fixed!
4. Little bottle of homeopathic tablets- 'arnica montana'. they are magical for bumps and bruises and I've been carrying them with me ever since having children.
5. Lip balm- 'tui bee balm', made in NZ with manuka honey (it's the best, ever).
6. Various hairclips and an elastic - an essential in my bag because i have crazy long and messy hair.
7. Small tube of 'nivea' moisturizer/handcream.
8. Blank journal and pen - I have visions of myself writing down acute observations and deep thoughts on my travels, but in fact it's used much more regularly for shopping lists.
9. My tiny wallet/purse- it contains all my cards. I never seem to have any cash on me! I made this little quilted pouch myself from nani iro fabric.
10. Small notebook and coloured pencils. These are for extremely bored children on car trips or while waiting in line at the post office.
Thanks to Melissa for sharing her bag! Tune in next week for part VII. Again, if you are interested in sharing your bag, send me an email at swagnerm [at] hotmail [dot] com for details.