Thursday, March 25, 2010

Vancouver Guide: Blim Market





For the guide this week I thought I would write about Blim and consequently Blim Monthly Market. Now I must confess I have an ulterior motive here as I will be selling this month's market on Sunday at Heritage Hall on Main Street (if you're in the market for chocolate mustaches, pinback buttons, pouches and more, I am your girl).

Blim is a significant arts and crafts establishment here in Vancouver. As an art resource center, Blim offers button making, screen-printing, drawing, and knitting classes as well as facilitates film screenings, animation, video, dance, spoken word and related shows. They are also an excellent resource for certain hard to find art supplies (gocco screens anyone?). Blim is also the fantastic host of a monthly market that showcases crafters, designers, bakers and collectors (including our beloved Coco Cupcakes). In the next few months Blim will be moving from their humble location at Main and 17th to a sizeable and exciting location downtown. I have to say I am happy that such a resource exists in our community and I strongly recommend you check Blim out on your next visit to Vancouver. Or if you live here, go tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails